Who doesn’t love coleslaw? It’s crunchy, it’s creamy, it’s slightly sweet, and it goes with just about anything. This Apple Cranberry Almond Coleslaw recipe has a mild flavor to it but if you’d like a more pronounced flavor you can definitely add in a tablespoon or two of dijon mustard to the dressing. And if you want to skip a step you can use a coleslaw mix in place of the shredded cabbage and carrots.
Apple Cranberry and Almond Coleslaw
- 1 Cabbage (, small)
- 3/4 cup Cranberries (, dried)
- 2 Gala apples (, large)
- 1/2 cup Green onions
- 1 1/2 cups Matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Almonds
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (, fat free)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and apple cider vinegar until smooth, while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, carrots, apples, green onions, almonds and cranberries. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately for best results.
- Recipe Source: Classy Cooking