Zesty Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is a wonderful cold summer dish. It is made from poached shrimp that has been tossed in flavorful tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and citrus.
This version is a perfect blend of awesome that will go great with your next barbecue or that cold winter’s night when you are dreaming of being on the beaches of Cancun, Mexico!
Amazing Zesty Mexican Shrimp Cocktail.
- 48 ounces can V8 vegetable juice (spicy if desired)
- 2 avocados chopped
- 2 cucumbers seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 ⁄2bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled, de-veined and steamed
- 2 limes quartered
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
Mix all ingredients in a large nonreactive container.
Chill and serve with limes and Tabasco sauce. * Do not over-cook the shrimp, as they will become tough!
Be careful when steaming the shrimp; you do not want it tough.