Amazing Fish Taco Recipe – Healthy – Low Carb – Paleo
A classic fish taco is something we all need to be able to master. This is our perfect recipe: The fish — we use cod, but any flaky variety works — marinates in a mixture of lime juice, chili powder, and cumin that will become your standard.
People can be intimidated by cooking fish for tacos, but don’t be! After marinating, the fish just needs to cook in a glug of olive oil a few minutes per side in a skillet.
Go nonstick so you don’t risk the skin on the fish sticking — the worst! Let the fish rest a few minutes before using a fork to flake it into pieces.
Steak or chicken marinated in this will also taste great. The big hit of this recipe is the cabbage slaw, don’t skip it. It takes just a few minutes to toss together and will make you feel like you’re eating out at the best Mexican restaurant ever.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. cod (or other flaky white fish)
- 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- Lime or lemon wedges, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
FOR THE CORN SLAW:
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 c. shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 c. corn
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add cod, tossing until evenly coated.
- Let marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, and honey.
- Stir in cabbage, corn, and jalapeño.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil.
- Remove cod from marinade and season both sides of each filet with salt and pepper.
- Add fish flesh side-down. Cook until opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Let rest 5 minutes before flaking with a fork.
- Assemble tacos: Serve fish over grilled tortillas with corn slaw and avocado.
- Squeeze lime or lemon juice on top and garnish with sour cream.
- Category: Low Carb
Click on the Link Below for….