Amazing Chicken Francaise Recipe.
I have to admit that it is an incredible recipe. It’s simple to make, basic ingredients and tastes out of this world. Probably one of the best chicken dishes you can eat and worthy of a fine dining restaurant.
Now you can make chicken Francese at home. Judging by the comments, it’s been a huge success at many dinner parties. When buying your chicken breasts, try and find a good medium size, you don’t want them too big. This amazing chicken francaise recipe is from recipe30, he is amazing.
So lets get cooking.Print
- 2 chicken breasts
- Half cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 50g – 2oz Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup white wine (click for wine alternatives)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- Half lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1
- Crack the eggs into a large enough dish to fit chicken breast. Season eggs with salt and pepper, give them a light beat.
- Step 2
- Chop the parsley finely (keep a few sprigs for garnish) and add half to egg mixture.
- Step 3
- Grate all the Parmesan cheese finely and add to egg mixture, mix well. Set aside.
- Step 4
- Remove chicken skin if any, then butterfly cut your breast. Hold a long sharp knife along the thicker part of the breast, place your hand on top and slice through the breast almost until the end. Cut parallel to your cutting board, and open the breast like a book. Place cling film on a board, add your breast spread open, sandwich it in cling film and flatten the thicker side using the flat side of a meat mallet or the underside of a saucepan.
- Step 5
- Get your wine and chicken stock portions ready.
- Step 6
- Add the plain flour to a plate, spread it out flat by shaking plate.
- Step 7
- Peel the garlic and place in garlic press (or chop finely).
- Step 8
- To a frying pan on moderate heat, add the olive oil and half the butter.
- Step 9
- Coat the chicken in the flour, shake off any excess flour.
- Step 10
- Dip the chicken in the egg wash, make sure it’s totally covered and place in hot oil.
- Step 11
- Cook chicken for approx. 4 minutes each side (depending on thickness). Flip over once brown and cook the other side. Transfer chicken to a hot plate and rest.
- Step 12
- To the same frying pan on full heat, add the white wine (alcohol can catch fire so be careful, turn off heat first if unsure). Add the chicken stock. Add the crushed garlic. Add the squeeze of half a lemon. And leave to reduce 2 minutes on high heat.
- Step 13
- Add the remaining half of chopped parsley. Add the remainder of butter and mix until butter is melted on very low heat.
- Step 14
- Return the chicken to the sauce and continue heating chicken on low heat no more than 30 seconds.
- Step 15
- Serve the chicken on warm plates, garnished with parsley.
Watch Video Below
110 total views, 4 views today