Carrots are packed with vitamins and minerals.
They are also good for your body’s overall health, especially for the skin, eyes, digestive system and even your teeth!
1. Beta carotene: Carrots can be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
2. Digestion: Carrots increase saliva and minerals, vitamins and enzymes that aid in digestion. Eating carrots regularly may help prevent digestive disorders.
3. Potassium: Carrots are a good source of potassium, which can help maintain healthy sodium levels in the body, helping to reduce high blood pressure levels.
4. Wounds: Raw or grated carrots can be used to help heal wounds, cuts and inflammation.
5. Phytonutrients: Benefits of phytochemicals are that carrots contain a phytonutrient called falcarinol, which may reduce the risk of colon cancer and help promote overall colon health.
6. Dental Health: Carrots kill harmful germs in the mouth and help prevent tooth decay.
7. Carotenoids: Carrots are rich in carotenoids, which our bodies can use to help regulate blood sugar.
8. Fiber: Carrots are high in soluble fiber, which can reduce cholesterol by reducing the LDL form (the kind we don’t want) and increasing the HDL form (the kind our body needs) to help reduce blood clots and prevent heart disease.
9. Eyes, hair, nails and more! The nutrients in carrots can improve the health of your eyes, skin, hair, nails and more by helping to detoxify your body and build new cells!