This delicious low carb pulled pork recipe takes only 10 minutes to put together.
After that, you’re free to do something else while your slow cooker transforms it into a nearly effortless melt-in-your-mouth dish your family will love.
For even tastier results, allow pork to sit in its yummy juices once you’ve pulled it apart. This will allow it to absorb even more of that great flavor!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean chile paste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 30 lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)
Combine sugar and salt in a small bowl. Place pork in a large bowl; rub evenly with sugar mixture.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 300°. Place pork on a rack set inside a roasting pan.
Place pan in oven; bake 4 hours or until a thermometer registers 210°, basting occasionally with drippings.
Remove from oven; let stand 30 minutes.
Shred pork with 2 forks
Combine ginger and next 5 ingredients (through soy sauce), stirring with a whisk.
Stir in onions.
Reserve half of sauce.
Toss shredded pork in remaining half of sauce. Divide pork evenly among lettuce leaves.
Hope you enjoy this Recipe.