Boxing Workouts for women are a great way to lose weight, get lean and fit – fast. However, you need the right gear such as boxing gloves (12 oz), boxing hand wraps for women, a stand up or hanging the heavy bag and naturally the best boxing workouts for a home to guide you.
This boxing workout I created looks simple but is actually very technical as it teaches you how to punch while moving. Boxing foot work is a key component in becoming a good boxer. Make sure to always step to the right by leading with your right foot and move to the left by leading with your left foot.
You must step with the lead foot first before you can throw the power hand as your feet should always be under your hips when throwing punches.
This video shows a fitness boxer who was taught boxing basics very quickly to get into shape right at home. Try to keep up with her in the video and perform the boxing workout of women at your own risk below.
VIDEO BELOW FOR HEAVY BAG BOXING WORKOUT CIRCUIT 1, SEE REST OF WORKOUT BELOW VIDEO.
How to perform this heavy bag boxing workout:
Boxing circuit 1 (see video above)
- 1-minute jab 3x right and 3 x left
- 1-minute throw power hand 3x right and 3 x left
- 30 seconds push ups
- 30 seconds bicycle
- Jump rope 1 minute
Repeat all above 3x, then move to circuit 2
Boxing workout circuit 2
- 1-minute jab, cross move step right 2x then throw jab, cross and move back left 2x and throw a jab, cross again: repeat for 1 minute
- 1 minute stay in place and throw a continous jab, cross 10 fast and then 10 hard power shots to a heavy bag
- Perform burpee and jump into a boxing stance and throw 10 hard punches and repeat for 1 minute
Repeat all above 3x, then move to circuit 3
Boxing workout circuit 3
- 2 minutes jump rope (leather jump rope is best)
- 1-minute punching with 1 lb weights at 45 degrees straight in front of eyes continuous using the whole body to punch, not just arms
- Jog 1 mile
- 50 – 100 sit-ups
Repeat all above 1-2x, then move to circuit 3