These cookies taste most amazing right out of the oven. But still great later. I wouldn’t even know if they taste great 2 days later because they’ve never lasted that long.
Sometimes we’ll make 16 “cookies”. And we’ll eat them all for lunch. I know what you’re thinking… WOW lauren you’re gonna be 500 pounds if you keep eating 8 cookies. But think about what went in these cookies! If I ate 8 cookies, I’ve had: 1 banana, 1/2 cup of oats, and half a handful of chocolate chips and walnuts. Amazing. Leave out the chocolate chips and they are all health.
2 Ingredient Cookies
- 2 large old bananas
- 1 cup of oats ((quick or regular! if you use regular, we’d suggest chopping them a little so everything holds together better))
- Mix those two together. Old bananas are amazing for this, but you can use fresh ones too. I buy a bunch of bananas, let them get old on my counter, and then stick ’em all in the freezer.
- Then add in what sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
- -a handful of chocolate chips
- -crushed walnut pieces
- Since all bananas are different sizes, the needed measurements can vary. If it seems too runny and the cookies would flatten out too much, add in more oatmeal. And make sure to not add in TOO many mix-ins as the cookies won’t hold together very well. The ones in these photos have a handful of chocolate chips, a teaspoon or two or cinnamon, and 1/4ish a cup of crushed walnuts.
- We made 16 cookies with those measurements. We cook them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on a GREASED cookie sheet.
- Author: TheBurlapBag