Yes! Diets Suck and don’t work long-term. I can’t count how many times in a week I hear from people telling me that they are on this cleanse and that cleanse.
They are drinking this and only that.
Well, that’s all good. Yet, what’s your long-term plan? Believe me, until you commit to living a healthier lifestyle, you’ll be chasing the latest and greatest fad diet…
You’ll lose weight for a few weeks and then pow! Put it right back on or only be 2-3 lbs. lighter then you started which is usually just water weight because you stopped eating all carbs.
- in the 80’s it was carbs are the key
- in the 90’s it was fat-free is the way
- in the early 2000’s it was all protein, no carb
- now it’s high protein, gluten free, dairy free, sugar-free and even throw out fruit
Well, what is your diet? I don’t personally follow a diet. I simply eat healthily and stick to just a few (ha,ha) commitments that have kept me at 8% body fat at 46 years old. Oh yeah, and I don’t work out 2 hours a day and my years of wrestling at an Olympic level are far gone.
Commit to living healthy (these are somewhat I live by) :
- Eat small balanced meals
- Eat frequent meals that add variety throughout the day
- Never eat till completely full
- Drink water frequently while eating
- Don’t be scared of good fats yet limit them to 2-3x day (nuts, avocado)
- Carbs are good if the right kind (complex carbs) and yes wheat pasta 1-2x week is ok too with added veggies, protein, etc..
- Remake any unhealthy foods you love to healthy
- Eat only all natural foods (i.e. even a cookie)
- Limit your sugar intake but don’t be scared of eating a little sugar (natural)
- Don’t eat any refined foods unless a treat and all natural i.e. whole foods vegan chocolate chip cookie
- Exercise every day even if 15 minutes
- Make sure to lift weights as building muscle is the key to burning calories and increasing your metabolism
- Don’t diet- simply exercise more and cut back on your portions while sticking to mindful eating.
Now, there are always exceptions to rules if you have certain food allergies such as gluten, dairy, etc… Your diet must adhere to abstaining from any of these allergens.
59 total views, 6 views today