Here are 12 Uses for those little Silica Gel Packets.
Silica Gel are the tiny packets that comes in new shoes and bags. In this form, it is used as a desiccant to control local humidity to avoid spoilage or degradation of some goods. There are some really good uses for these silica gel packets.
Here are 12 Uses for Silica Gel Packets.
1. Put them in your linen closet with your towels to keep them dry.
2. If you drop your cell phone in water then put the phone, and a package of silica gel in a zip lock bag for a few days. Don’t turn your phone on for a couple days.
3. Put a pack with important papers that are stored in your desk.
4. Place them in stored boxes of Christmas decorations or boxes stored in your attic or basement.
5. If your old books smell musty put them in a sack and add a couple of packets.
6. The gel packets will collect moisture and quit working, so you can regenerate them in a 200 degree oven for about two hours and store them in an airtight Ziploc bag until we need them.
7. A dry razor stored in a sealed Tupperware container filled with silica gel will keep your razor from dulling out too soon.
8. Put a couple in your gym bag to keep it from smelling.
9. A few packs in your camera bag will preserve your camera equipment.
10. Silica gel on top of your dashboard will keep your windows from fogging up.
11. Place your foggy lens and memory card in a bag with silica gel to dry it.
12. Put them in containers with seeds that you have collected from your garden, keeps the seeds from getting mold on them.