Learn how to make this cheesy Veggie Lasagna in Parmesan Cream Sauce! Combine grated Parm, creamy ricotta and a four-cheese blend in this tasty dish.
Veggie Lasagna Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 3 Tbsp . butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp . flour
- 1/4 tsp . ground red pepper ((cayenne))
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp . oil
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper (, chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 2 cups POLLY-O Original Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 9 lasagna noodles (, cooked)
- 1 pkg. ((8 oz.) POLLY-O Pizza Shreds 4 Cheese Blend, divided)
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on low heat. Stir in flour and ground red pepper; cook 2 min. or until hot and bubbly, stirring frequently. Gradually stir in milk; cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Simmer on medium-low heat 3 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add vegetables and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Combine ricotta and basil.
Spread 1/4 cup Parmesan sauce onto bottom of 12×8-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with layers of 3 noodles, half the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the vegetable mixture, 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and 1/3 of the remaining Parmesan sauce.
- Repeat layers of noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetable mixture, shredded cheese and Parmesan sauce. Top with layers of remaining noodles, Parmesan sauce, vegetable mixture and shredded cheese; cover.
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through, uncovering for the last 5 min.
- Source: Kraft