A new twist for relish, this spicier version has green tomatoes as the base. It’s ideal for topping hot dogs, bratwurst or burgers.
SPICY PICKLED GREEN TOMATO RELISH
- 2 large green tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Celery Seed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Mustard Seed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed
- 2 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- Finely chop vegetables. Place in large glass bowl. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Pour hot liquid over vegetables.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until cooled. Serve. Or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Courtesy of McCormick