This is, by far, my favorite Salisbury Steak recipe. I try to double the gravy because it’s so good and just doesn’t seem to make enough otherwise and
makes enough to pour over some yummy mashed potatoes. Add a salad or a cooked vegetable, and wala, perfect and easy dinner meal for the whole family.
Sizzling Salisbury Steak
- 1-2 jars of beef or mushroom gravy
- 1 1 ⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 ⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 -3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (, to taste)
- 1 ⁄4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, onion egg, salt and black pepper.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown both sides of patties.
- Drain off excess fat.
- In a small bowl mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 or 2 jars of gravy
- Pour over meat in skillet.
- Cover, and cook for 20 minutes
- Stir occasionally