These raspberry almond shortbread thumbprint cookies are also just so pretty, delicate and festive. They look gorgeous arranged on a plate and really make the perfect holiday cookies.
Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
For the dough:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (, room temperature)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- pinch of salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water ((more or less as needed for drizzling consistency))
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon almond extract. Beat at medium speed until the butter mixture is creamy.
- Scrape sides of mixing bowl as needed.
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour and a pinch of salt.
- Mix until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared pan.
- Make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your smallest finger (or thumb if you want a larger pocket).
- The edges of the dough may crack slightly.
- Fill each with a heaping ¼ teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let the cookies stand 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies and allow them to set.
- Thank You Better Homes