NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM SANDWICH. For cookie dough lovers. Instead of using baked chocolate chip cookies to sandwich the ice cream, this frozen treat is prepared with an unbaked egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough.
NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM SANDWICH
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup confectioners' sugar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Small Batch Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1¼ cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 35 vanilla wafers)
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Mix peanut butter and butter in large bowl until well blended. Add sugars and vanilla; stir until blended and smooth. Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs and chocolate chips.
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Press ½ of the dough into even layer pan. Pat remaining dough on parchment or wax paper into 8-inch square. Gently spread ice cream over layer on pan. Flip 8-inch square layer onto top of ice cream. Peel back parchment paper. Cover with foil.
- Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 2 to 3 minutes to allow ice cream to soften slightly. Cut into 16 bars. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Store in freezer.
- Courtesy of McCormick