Fall has arrived! Try your hand at these pretty “painted” leaf cookies. Cinnamon, nutmeg and McCormick® Maple Extract give these cut-outs a seasonal flavor twist. Use Color from Nature™ Food Colors to glaze them in leafy beauty. Mix and match any of the three Color from Nature™ bases to create decorative hues like forest green and pumpkin.
Glazed Autumn Leaf Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon (, Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg (, Ground)
- 1 cup (2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Maple Extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and maple extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Roll dough on generously floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out leaves with 2- to 3-inch leaf-shaped cookie cutters. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Courtesy of McCormick