This homemade coffee scrub and mask sloughs away dead skin cells, deeply nourishes my skin and leaves me with a radiant, glowing complexion. It makes my face so smooth and bright. It’s the best! Coffee is a rich source of antioxidants that protects our skin against free radicals that damage and age us. The caffeine in coffee stimulates the skin and improves blood flow to the face, which is perfect for healthy cell turnover that makes us look radiant and bright. Another really cool benefit of coffee applied to the skin is that it increases the production of collagen and elastin. The caffeine in coffee minimizes fine lines and protects against the loss of moisture, making it the ideal choice for anti-aging.
DIY- Coffee Scrub and Mask
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon finely ground coffee beans
- Mix together the coconut oil and ground coffee and apply to your face using circular motions.
- Avoid getting the mixture in your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes up to an hour.
- Rinse off with warm water and enjoy your glowing skin!
- Tip: You can use this scrub and mask 2-3 times a week.
- Source: Kelly