I made this recipe because there is nothing quite like creamy flavored rice. It is so delicious and filling, it can be a meal in itself! I added peas and carrots to mine and served it as a side dish with steak. Serve as soon as possible (as it turns like glue if held too long!)”
Creamy Parmesan "Risotto"
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups simmering chicken stock (, preferably homemade, divided)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (, diced)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed
- Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt, and pepper, and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy.
- Add the peas and carrots stir until heated through.