This Blueberry Lemon Crescent Ring is perfect for breakfast or brunch. The center has a lemon, blueberry, and cream cheese filling and the top is drizzled with a light glaze. This is an easy and tasty treat for any time of day.
BLUEBERRY LEMON CRESCENT RING
- 4 ounces cream cheese (, softened)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest ((see Note))
- 1 can ((8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Unroll dough sheet. (If using crescent rolls, unroll dough and separate into 2 large rectangles. Overlap long sides to form 13×7-inch rectangle; firmly press edges and perforations to seal.) Spread cream cheese mixture on rectangle to within ½ inch of edges.Sprinkle evenly with blueberries.
- Starting with 1 long side of rectangle, roll up the dough tightly and pinch the edge to seal. Some of the filling will leak out during baking but that’s okay!
- With a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. My cream cheese was overly soft so cutting it was tricky. Don’t worry if it’s messy. When it bakes it will take care of any issues.
- Arrange slices on cookie sheet in a circle, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In small bowl, mix the glaze ingredients until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm crescent ring. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Source: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/